Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blessings

This week is my last week at United Way as a Loaned Executive. It's interesting how when you are shoved through the door into a room with 25 complete strangers you come out the other door three months later with 25 new friends. I can't think of too many other examples of an opportunity to put your daily work life on hold for a few months while you go do something good for somebody else, and at the same time gain skills, knowledge and a bunch of new contacts. Pretty awesome. I would encourage anyone to do it.

I'm on my way to speak at my last rally of the campaign season. Then I'll spend the rest of the day and week making final contacts with my accounts, rounding up those last dollars, wrapping things up. And counting my blessings. 'Tis the season! Oh, and while I'm driving around...I'll be listening to Dave Barnes Very Merry Christmas album. If you buy one Christmas album this season, make it that one!


No comments: