Friday, July 18, 2008

Soundtrack for Life

I forget in my busy-busyness to listen to music. It's one of the first things to go when the margins in life get thin. If I could have a soundtrack to a great day, it would go something like what's currently in my iPod.

Already hit the snooze button too many times, needing a little audio-caffeine - Black & Gold by Sam Sparro or something perky from Feist.

Putting on my face and doing my hair while watching the dogs in their "today is the day I'll actually catch a squirrel" game out the window by my dressing table - Dream or Leave the Light On by Priscilla Ahn.

Hot coffee and my Bible on the oh-so-awesome newly finished sunporch - Hymn by Brooke Fraser, or House of God, Forever by Jon Foreman.

Bass cranked, top down on the convertible (thanks Tessa), rocking to Mercy by Duffy (and another thanks to Tessa). This one has to be LOUD!

Controlled chaos of my office - Viva la vida or Strawberry Swing by Coldplay

A little evening recreational dancing in my kitchen - Gimme More or Hot As Ice- Britney Spears. Yes, you CAN swing dance to Brit.

Bedtime- Wind down with A Mirror is Harder to Hold with Jon Foreman or crank it up with the sexy, sultry sound of Drink You Sober by bitter:sweet. (Yes, children, there is a Santa Claus, the Easter Bunnie gave you all those quarters, that clay bowl you made in 3rd grade is beautiful, and your parents never, ever...)

My soundtrack for tomorrow? Something new, 'cause I like to keep moving.

1 comment:

Shari said...

How 'bout a little mixed CD 'cause you love your Sib.