Friday, January 23, 2009

I need coffee

Have to get moving and get to work before, say, 10:00 because I've been something of an Internet slacker this week. Mark keeps hitting the snooze button, which makes it his fault that we don't get out of bed on time. This pushes back my blog reading/writing time. And we all know that's more important than getting to work at a reasonable hour. The game is to get there before my boss, which I usually manage to do since he's a late arriver by habit. If you're reading this - my point is that's an excellent trait to have as a boss. And you are certainly an excellent boss.

I once worked for a woman who arrived at the office no later than 5:00 a.m. and it was darn irritating when she would send out a nasty-gram email if you walked in two minutes past your appointed time. At the time, my appointed time was 6:30, which is a ridiculous time to be expected to start work. Especially since my commute was about an hour. Uggh I don't miss those days. The things you do to be home when your kids get home from school, or at least shortly thereafter.

I have no idea where this blog post is going. Tessa is home again. I know. She just left for school two weeks ago and she's been back about three times. But it's not because she's lame like that. She's had important stuff to do. Like today and tomorrow she's volunteering at the Addy Awards judging session. Good for the planned fabulous career in advertising. After this weekend she plans to stay at school for a very long time so we don't start taking her presence for granted. She likes it when we whoop and holler and post signs and stuff when she comes home.

OK, ok, I'm getting off the internet and going to work. Happy Friday. Have a good one.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I'm not sure if my teachers are grateful or tisk at me behind my back when I come rollin' in at 7:50most mornings. The teacher contract time is 7:40, but there are always a few who are walking in at the same time I am. It's funny how much LESS friendly folks are when they're trying not to make eye contact and get in the side door quick without crossing my path.