Thursday, August 5, 2010

In which I pretend I'm a celebrity blogger

So yesterday I was in New York doing a photo shoot for a major magazine when I happened to run into Gwyneth Paltrow. I was all, hey guuurlfriend, remember me?

Oh wait, that's another blog.

But really, I'm so thrilled to have the opportunity to be in New York with my studly husband, just hanging out and getting the chance to cook one of my favorite recipes on the Today Show. Again.

Mmm, yeah. Another blog all together.

Really I got nothin'. Nothing exciting to share with you to demonstrate my crazy life as a celebrity blogger. I am at this moment watching another rerun of Ellen, babysitting my niece's sweet baby, Rylan, while her mama is at work, dog sitting my grand puppy while Angela and Riley are lounging beside a rushing river in Durango, Colorado. Cool, cool Colorado. Later I'll remind my precious mother-in-law that yes, the dentist did say to actually wear her new dentures. That he did not, in fact, tell her she should take them in and out frequently.

Her dementia is worsening rapidly and it's scary and sad and frustrating all at once. It's enough to break your heart

Hey, I just discovered something really awesome. First let me tell you that we have this closet off of our bedroom that has just been the gathering place for all our junk that we were too lazy to find a proper home for. For which we were too lazy to find a proper home. Is that grammatically correct? So I needed a computer since I'm home all the time and wanting a place of my own. We recently fixed up our spare room into an office space and Mark has taken it as his. He has been working from home for about a year, he's easily distracted, and I'm happy for him to have his own space. I'd really prefer he have a man cave somewhere, but I'm happy he has taken that room as his own.

So back to the closet. We emptied it out, painted it and made it a tiny little office and I LOVE IT! Lu-hu-ve it! If I hadn't lost my camera I'd take a picture for you. It's so cute and everything is within easy reach. I bought one of those all-in-one computers where all you do is bring it home, take it out of the box and plug it in. So cool.

BUT! But! It's not a laptop and I can't sit on the comfy leather love seat and watch TV while I use it. So finally I'm getting to the really awesome thing I just discovered. I just figure out that I can use the remote keyboard FROM THE LOVE SEAT!!! How cool is that?! I can't really SEE what I'm typing, so I'll have to go back and do some major editing before I post this. But isn't that cool!

OK, come on. You gotta give me this one. It's probably the most exciting thing that will happen to me today. We can't all be glamorous, celebrity bloggers!

No comments: