Monday, March 17, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day



So last week I was out on the dental van as usual. It had been two good days and we were at the beginning of our third. The van was due at Muskogee Head Start by 8:30, so I decided a quick stop at Starbucks was in order. For those who know me well, they know that passing a Starbucks without stopping if almost a physical impossibility. But I've been trying to eat healthy and count my calories, so a caramel machiatto and scone isn't really on the list. But I'd been doing well and thought it would be a little treat. You can probably see where this is going... Let's just say that between picking up the caramel machiatto and heading towards downtown Muskogee, a ditch intervened. I managed to drop the right rear wheel over a curb and into a ditch, leaving me teetering on three wheels and cursing. Whip out the iphone, hop on the internet, find a tow truck, call the police to tell them I'm blocking the street, sit down and try to enjoy my Starbucks while I wait. Grrr.
The day pretty much stayed downhill from there. There was no "going" downhill when you start with a bang like that. Fun. I won't go into great detail, but the remainder of the day included the dentist sliding under the van to get a jack to go up, stopping at Walmart in Henrietta to buy automotive duct tape to keep the windshield from falling off (thanks to a prior incident which was NOT my fault), and being treated to a little indecent exposure from a guy standing on the side of the highway who thought it was a good idea to let it all flap in the breeze.

I was never so glad to see home.

No comments: