Sunday, June 1, 2008

Of appendages and scabs and weekends

Ah the joys of Sunday evening - The relief of coming to the end of two days of leisure and the exciting anticipation of starting another five days of meaningful work. Ah the joys of sarcasm!

It has been a very relaxing weekend. It isn't often that we just REST - something we should do more often. I read "In the Presence of My Enemies" by Gracia Burnham in the last two days. Good book. Thought provoking to be sure. Watched "27 Dresses" with Mark and Tessa last night. I've seen it before but enjoyed it again. Gotta love Netflix, but here's a tip. Be sure to keep your que updated. I hadn't checked mine recently and turned in three movies at once. Got back an odd assortment including one foreign film with subtitles that is over 2 and 1/2 hours long. That's a lot of reading! I'm not sure what I was thinking when I was browsing THAT day. Tessa saved the day by going to the Red Box at McDonalds and grabbing a couple of dollar movies. Whoever invented that big vending machine is a genius.

Mark is nursing a sore thumb and leg. While playing softball last week he pulled a hamstring and hyper-extended the thumb on his right hand. He has the thumb wrapped. The doctor says it will get better in 4-6 weeks. That's a long time to not use your thumb. We are reminded daily what small appendage separates us from the other mammals! I can't say much since I fell twice in one week in May and am just now losing the ugly scabs and bruises. We (esp Mark) are in denial about getting older. Inside we are still 25! Or maybe the truth is we are just big klutzes!

No comments: