Saturday, June 14, 2008

"Work eight hours and sleep eight hours and make sure that they are not the same hours." T. Boone Pickens

Amy(mom): "Abbey, be good, behave!"
Abbey (2 yrs old): "I AM good, I AM have!"

Things I did during my eight hours of daily work this week:

  • Drove a 35' Winnebago to McAlester, OK and coordinated dental care for 10 lucky folks. Got soaking wet in the pouring rain, but loved the cooler weather.
  • Drove to Muskogee, OK and had dinner with Amy, Laird and little Abbey, the source of the cute quote above.
  • Drove to Porter, OK and coordinated dental care for 11 lucky folks. Tried to figure out how to change a bulb on a dental chair light. Wasn't successfull.
  • Drove to Tahlequah, OK and met with the folks running the Migrant and Seasonal Head Start Program. Apparently they aren't quite ready for dental care, since they haven't found the kids yet. They have 5 migrant children in the program, but are on the lookout for 25 more. Postponed our trip there till later in the month.
  • Drove to OKC and back to the office.
  • Figured out how to change a bulb on a dental chair, thanks to the amazing and ever patient Randy from Henry Schein Dental.
  • Attempted to make popcorn pop with four cell phone. (gotta love working with boys!) Look up "popcorn and cell phones" on http://www.youtube.com/.
  • Drove to Guthrie to meet with the Board of Trustees president.
I'm pretty sure I managed to work at least eight yours and sleep eight hours each day, not at the same time. I'm happy it's Saturday and my Starbucks awaits! Yay!

No comments: