Monday, March 16, 2009

Slippery Slope

We're back home and oh so weary. After the adrenaline push of days of trying to keep it all together and being strong for others, we may come crashing down today. But it's probably only the beginning of a long journey.

Anyway, Mark turns 50 in June, so I thought I'd start a running list of things we need to save our money for. And because, well, I just love a good list on a Monday.
  • Depends
  • Pill box with the days of the week in large print
  • Volume enhanced phone
  • Shower chair
  • Doorbell that makes the lights flicker
  • Large print books
  • Household staff

Did I mention that while in Wichita we went to the medical equipment supply store? It was like a wonderland of gadgets to help folks live independently. I'm telling you right now, and remember you heard it here, that's the business to be in. These stores are few and far between and the mark up it apparently very high. Actually, the business to be in would be for used medical equipment. Where does all that stuff go when it's no longer needed? Basements/garages? Craigslist?

One other thing I've been pondering for a few days. What is the origin of doilies? I'm gonna have to research that one.

No comments: