Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This could be me!

Have you seen the story about two 50-something women who just discovered they were switched at birth? OMG, that's my worst nightmare. Like these women, I have heard rumors all my life that such an event may have occurred on August 18, 1961 at Deaconess Hospital. But no one was ever able to confirm it. Now I'm nervous and contemplating a DNA test just to put myself at ease. But then, since the other woman involved in the alleged cover up and I share identical DNA, I guess the test would be inconclusive. I've begged my mother to show me proof that I'm Cari and not Shari. I mean, how does she know FOR SURE that we didn't get switched at birth, maybe even more than once? Or maybe when we were toddlers? All I know is, I don't want to wake up when I'm 50 and discover that my life wasn't my life. That I've really been Shari all along. I mean, I love my twin sister, but I LIKE being Cari.

No comments: