Friday, January 1, 2010

I didn't see THAT coming



Wow! Is it the new year already? I did absolutely nothing to celebrate the new year. Is that lame? OK, it's lame.

Welcome to a new decade. Or is it the end of the old decade? I'm not quite sure. What I do know is that it's a new year and a fresh start. That's what I love about the turn of the year. There's something about it that makes one want to take stock of one's life and tweak it a bit where needed.

So much goes on in my head and my life that I just don't get written down. Somewhere in the midst of our moving and adjusting our life to a new normal I've gotten out of the habit of writing. I haven't found a rhythm for a daily routing yet in this new house. Often I feel like I'm just visiting. So writing more and settling in are two things high on my list for the new year.

Don't even talk to me about making some resolution to lose weight or exercise more. While both of those things are on my "must do" list, I'm just not going to force myself into a corner with that kind of New Year's resolution. I do plan to take this year's goals a little more seriously than I did last year, but that won't be hard to do. I'm gonna have to think, to consider the few things important enough to use up some of my limited energy, time and resources.

In the mean time, I've made a few changes to this blog. Nothing new there! Hope you have a fabulous new year.

Photo from Life Magazine Archive, 1963 by Alfred Eisenstaedt

No comments: