Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The mind is a terrible thing to waste!

Random list of things I miss:
  • My feet. Haven't seen them for a while.
  • My waist. See above.
  • Understanding the plot of LOST. There was a time that I was convinced I understood what was going on. I miss those days.
  • The sun. Haven't seen much of it this winter. I'm pretty sure I'm suffering from S.A.D. - Seasonal Affective Disorder. Symptoms include depression, (check), lack of energy, (check), increased need for sleep, (check), weight gain, (check), and a craving for sweets (check, check). Except I'm not sure about the seasonal part. Seems pretty self-descriptive 12 months out of the year.
  • Pixy Stix - I sucked those down when I was a kid. Nothing like a straw full of sugar to jump start your afternoon!
  • Gas station attendants - Yes children. Once upon a time, as a civilized nation, you simply drove up to the pump at the gas station, rolled down your window and said "fill 'er up" and the young man attending the pumps did just that. He also washed your windows and checked your oil while your tank was filling. I understand it's against the law to pump your own gas in Oregon.
  • Watches. Does anyone wear a watch any more? I think most people use their cell phones to keep track of time.
OK, now the list is just getting weird. Plus I'm starting to sound like one of those lists that get passed around the internet, like "why do you park cars on driveways and drive on parkways" or "why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?" This is what happens when I find myself hanging out for the evening in another small Oklahoma town. The mind goes to strange places.

1 comment:

Bob Iles said...

Hi Cari -

I enjoyed the list, and reading your other postings, too. I keep a blog for myself and one day will get around to posting one for the public too.

Hope all is swell with you,
~Bob Iles